#blahvsfood goes to Whiskey Samba (and its new Chinese menu)

find Whiskey Samba a seriously underrated restaurant. It serves great Asian food, matched only by Vikramjit Roy and Ashish Dev Kapoor‘s other restaurant Kimono Club and the food is constantly evolving.

They have a new Chinese menu with a chef called Chee Wah that I went to check out along with seeing what new surprises Vikramjit Roy has added and as always I ate far more than I should have. I love Yauatcha and I love China Kitchen but this really is at a whole different level. 

I ate:


  • Organic cucumber with garlic & chilli


  • Fried Prawns with Kung Pao


  • Poached cold chicken in chilli oil (I loved this)


  • Garlic ponzu glazed red snapper, miso eggplant


  • Pomelo salad


  • Pork Ribs Coffee sauce. This is worth traveling to Gurgaon for. That sauce is brilliant.


  • Crispy Roast Pork


Tofu with black beans 


  • Braised bamboo shoot dobin mushi soup. Subtle yet complex, something that could have been served in Japan 
 
  • Roasted Kabocha soup



  • Steamed Chilean sea bass green curry
  • Steamed Rice

Comments