#blahvsfood goes to Tres Ind

I had gone to TresInd Mumbai last year and eaten a seriously good meal. I had not heard much so I was pleasantly surprised but the restaurant continued to fly under the radar so I wondered if I had just gone across on a good day. I went back again yesterday with my friend Siddharth Bannerjee and I have to say this is a criminally underrated restaurant. For all the “modern Indian” trappings it is very strongly and seriously focused on flavour and every dish, however different it may look visually, manages to retain the flavour and depth of the original. 

Nihari with Khari

The lamb nihari with khari is a particular favourite because of how it creates almost a reduction from the Nihari and and ends up packing all its flavour, intensity, complexity and depth into a few spoonfuls or golden syrup. I also loved the alleppey crab curry, the sweet spicy moilee like curry   was the kind that you lick of a plate.

Coffee stone 
My favourite dish though came at the end. I am a sucker for cold coffee and the petit four came in the shape of large chocolate pebbles, the size of a stone, the you pop into your mouth. When you do the chocolate bursts and your mouth is filled with this amazing sweet, ice cream based, typically Indian cold coffee. I thought a part of me had died and gone to heaven. 
Thank you Chef Sarfaraz for your suggestions and warmth.
Chef Himanshu I really must make sure I meet you soon. You’ve created a wonderful restaurant. 

1.Amuse bouche 
1. Amuse bouche : Frozen Panipuri and Pumpkin Dabeli
 
2. Chaat tart
3. Chicken cafreal 
4. Lamb Nihari with khari 
Butter pepper garlic prawns 

6. Gujarati farsan (khandvi ice cream)
7. Allepey Fish Curry

8. Macher Jhol 
9. Gud ki khurchan
10. Petit four (coffee stone)


Comments