Mustard, Goa


I had never been to the original Mustard in Goa until a few days ago though I love the one in Worli. What a lovely place it is! Charming and friendly, with a live musician, wonderful service and incredible food. 


I know that the great Pritha Sen developed the Bengali side of the menu but it’s remarkable how it stays so consistently excellent even years after she is no longer involved. I have loved Bengali food ever since I was a child and the food at Mustard is as wonderful and warm and filled with nostalgia as the best Bengali restaurants, while also playing around successfully with tapa like interpretations of classics like luchi-Alur dom. 


A word of special recognition for the manager Praveen Mathias and our server Santana. I’ve met both of them in Mumbai and honestly I feel the restaurant is blessed to have such amazing staff. Their warmth, their attention to detail, their helpfulness goes far beyond the ordinary and makes eating at Mustard a real pleasure. 


We ate:
- La Paca
- Avocado Quinoa salad
  • - Shammi kebab
  • - Taka luchi Alur dom

A Bengali Thali of:
  • - Murgir Chaap 
  • - Kosha Mangsho
  • - Chingri malai curry
  • - Dhakai Dal
  • - Luchi 
  • - Pea kachori
  • - Tomato chutney
  • - Pineapple chutney
  • - Bhapa doi








Comments