Burger heaven with The Soul Company

 

Serbian Cavalier Burger by Gautam Krishnakutty

I’ve been a bit behind on my food posts but I couldn’t not post about the feast of burgers I had a week ago thanks to Soul Company’s burger specials. 

I’m going to share all the superb burgers I had, but I have to take the time to highlight Gautam Krishnakutty’s burgers. I’ve been a fan of his burgers since his days at Thulp, when burgers like The Mother of All Moos achieved legendary status, part of Bangalore‘a culinary history as much as an MTR Dosa or an Airlines Hotel Filter Coffee. I’ve tried to beg and cajole him into starting some sort of burger business to no avail, so I was super excited about the possibility of trying his burgers again, and I expected a Thulp redux. But trust this man to not just do the same old same old, however much people want it. It’s hard for me to choose between his burger with a Serbian beef AND pork sausage patty burger and his Vietnamese pork bun cha, both with Japanese milk buns from Loafer and Co. But they were the best burgers I’ve had in years, much better than you get in the gourmet burger places abroad. Actually maybe I do have a favourite because the funkiness of the fish sauce with the pork patty in the bun cha was more that genius, it was unforgettable. 

The burgers we ordered:
From Gautam Krishnakutty:
  • - Cevapi: Grilled Serbian sausage patty made with pork and beef with Avjar sweet red pepper sauce, onion jam and pickled cucumber with Japanese milk bun. Photo courtesy Priyanka Blah
  • - Vietnamese Bun Cha: Grilled pork patty seasoned with lemongrass, mint, fish sauce and kaffir lime with pickled white radish, pickled onions, fresh mint leaves and sambal oelek on a Japanese milk bun


From Burger AF: 
  • Monster beef burger: Double beef patty. Classic prime cut with cheese

From Sushil Dwarkanath:
  • - Argentinian Lamb Chorizo Burger with spicy chorizo mince and chimichurri 
  • - Texas smoked chicken burger with house special rub, cheese, homemade mayonnaise and sautéed onions





Comments